Friday, July 30, 2010

Of stupidity and overconfidence

Ugh, I know it's been a while since I last posted anything and this is really not the way to start posting again, but okay, who cares. 

I just did something utterly and totally stupid! I was trying to snag a little nap time before going to work (but of course I ended up lying half awake in my bed). Anyway, so this text message came when I was half awake. It was from my ex. He asked me how I was doing and all that harmless stuff. I replied to the text, definitely unaware of what I was typing. Then he texted me back, which I didn't read until just a couple of minutes ago. He said something that ticked me off so I replied asking him what he meant. He said I was the one who started it - using terms of endearment in my texts. I couldn't believe it so I checked my sent messages. I was like this-is-so-not-happening when I read what I typed. I thought I was typing to my current partner! Darnit!

Now of course the boy thought I still have feelings for him. Which I don't. Told him I'm currently in a relationship with someone else but he didn't listen. He never listens. Took me like two months to make him stop texting and calling me the time we broke up. *sighs* I guess I'm going to have to put up with him (again) for a while now. I feel so stupid. 

Okay, end of ramble. I'm going to post something worthy of reading next time - soon. Not now, my head is about to explode. Well, I'm going to shut up now before I say something I might regret. 

Ps. Screw my vow of no more coffee today. I need a cup!

4 comments:

  1. overconfidence causes stress in both business and social relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falls somewhere along the lines with drunk texting and calling. You were asleep, so you weren't all there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you hate when that happens. I had two guys with the same name and called the wrong one by accident and it took me a long time to discover I was chatting with the wrong person! Good luck getting him to leave you alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys really, really, really need to let it go... it's embarrassing

    ReplyDelete