Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Of my favorite The Moffatts' songs



If you were born in the early 80s (that makes you about 12-15 in mid 90s), you probably still remember a Canadian boyband called "The Moffatts". Well, if you don't, let me refresh your memory a bit - and introduced them to those who don't know them. 


The Moffatts was composed of four brothers: Scott Moffatt, Clint Moffatt, Bob Moffatt, and Dave Moffatt. Clint, Bob and Dave are triplets. Their first album was released in 1995 (actually they released their very first album in 1994, but it was not a success). The band broke up in 2001. There are several rumors going on about their break-up: Some says that it was Scott who wanted to quit; others say that it was because their father couldn't accept Dave's sexuality. (click here for further reading)

Anyway, They released a few hit singles, and I like most of them (I still have them on my iPod playlist now). The video I share above (If Life is So Short) is my favorite song ever from The Moffatts. Doesn't mean that I don't like other songs. 
If you are interested, you might want to check these songs: Girl of My Dream, Miss You Like Crazy, I'll be There for You, Misery, and If You Only Knew (feat. Gil). Oh, and another personal favorite, Until You Loved Me.

Listening to this song brings back a lot of nice memories. Well, if you have time, I'd love to hear what you think of it. Enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. Huh, I thought that I hadn't heard of them but I actually did recognize this song. What ever happened to this band?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mike - they split up. The eldest (Scott) moved somewhere in Asia and worked for a production house or something. Bob & Clint made a new duet band called Same Same. Dave is in Canada now, if I'm not mistaken, he's also in a rock band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I do love their songs when I was in my teenage years. The Moffatts is the first boy band that I've been a fan of. I'll Be There For You is my favorite of all. Na, na, na, na, na..

    ReplyDelete
  4. this grup is cool, more song like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a song and music "just break my heart"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Timmy O'Tootle1:31 AM

    If you like classical music, I recommend classical music pianist Ronnie Segev.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Moffat's! Wow, this post really takes me back. Bang Bang Boom was my all time favorite song from them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this source. It was interesting and at the moment you watch it, you surely won’t forget it Very informative blog. I think many could benefit from reading your blog therefore I am subscribing to it and telling all my friends.

    ReplyDelete